Your privacy is important to us
- This website isn’t intended for children and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information directly from children under 13. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us, and we will do our best to delete that information from our databases.
- If you have questions after reviewing this policy, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We work hard to protect your information
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information, including Personal Information, very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable legal standards to secure such information from unauthorized access and use, accidental or unlawful alteration and destruction, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of processing. We hold our employees accountable for complying with relevant policies, procedures, and regulations concerning the privacy and confidentiality of information.
We want you to understand the type of information we collect
When you visit or use our website, we collect information (1) that you provide directly to us, (2) from your use of our website, and (3) from additional online and offline sources. The types of Personal Information we collect from you when you visit may include your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number(s). This site uses Google Analytics. For information on how Google uses data when you use its' partner sites, please see here. We also capture the IP address of the device you use to connect to the online service, the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the site you came from, the parts of our online service you access, and the site you visit next. We or our partners may later connect this usage information with Personal Information about you. We also collect unique identifiers for your mobile device, your screen resolution and other settings, information about your location, and analytical information about how you use your mobile device. We may ask your permission before collecting certain information, such as precise geo-location information.
How we use information
We use information to build and maintain a relationship with you and respond to your requests. We also use information to analyze your use of our website, including your responses to our emails and the pages you view; comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and for other purposes we may specifically disclose when you provide or we collect your information. We may use data on an aggregate or anonymous basis – meaning that it doesn’t identify you or other individuals – for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Who we share it with
We share your Personal Information primarily for routine business purposes and where we feel it may enhance your experience. For example, we may share your information with: third-party service providers; affiliated websites and businesses; other companies to bring you co-branded services, products, or programs; and third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger. Other reasons we may share your Personal Information with third parties include to:
- comply with legal requirements such as the demands of applicable subpoenas and court orders
- address fraud, security, or technical issues
- respond to an emergency
- protect the rights, property or security of our customers, or third parties.
We may share information that does not identify any individuals with third parties to help deliver products, services, and content tailored to the users of our website and for other purposes.
Use from outside the United States
If you are using our website from a country outside the United States and provide Personal Information to us through our website, note that Personal Information collected on our website may be stored and processed in the United States or other countries in the world and the governing privacy laws may be different from and not as comprehensive or protective as those in the country you are in, and by using our website you agree to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States.
Correcting and updating your Personal Information
You can correct or update your Personal Information by re-registering or by contacting us at email@example.com. It may take us up to 30 days to process your request.
We, our service providers and other companies we work with, may use tracking tools for fraud prevention, monitoring our marketing performance, and other business purposes. Some of these tools, which include cookies, beacons and local shared objects, may detect characteristics or settings of your device. Our website currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals.
- Cookies are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or others to track your use of our online services over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but that may result in a less optimal experience with our website.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons are typically one-pixel, transparent images on a webpage or in a marketing email or other message. We and others may use these or similar technologies when you are shown advertisements to help recognize you, assess traffic patterns and measure how you respond to a site or marketing campaign.
- Local Shared Objects, also called flash cookies, may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software on your device. They operate like cookies, but may be managed differently in your browser.
We do not allow unaffiliated third parties to collect Personal Information about your online activities when you visit our website.
Privacy and third-party links
Retention of your Personal Information
We will store the Personal Information you provide for as long as we believe is necessary or appropriate (i) to carry out the purpose(s) for which we collected it, or (ii) to comply with applicable laws, contracts, or other rules or regulations.
Questions and feedback
Effective March 6, 2019